While Ray & I were fasting, we had plenty of free time to read, research and watch documentaries. We were reminded how important supplementing can be and that sometimes our diets can all use a little boost.
And I hate taking supplements. Like hate swallowing pills. I’d much rather drink a kicked up smoothie then taking a handful of pills any day. How about you?
I created my Supercharged, Vitamin Packed, Green Drink as a catch all, to make sure that no matter what I eat, I’m getting in all the healthy stuff my body needs to keep me alive and well.
But don’t worry – even though it’s green, it’s totes delicious.
I don’t drink this every day, when I do it’s typically around 11 am and I treat it as my only meal other than dinner – as a part of my intermittent fasting schedule. It’s a perfect way to get in lots of fats and keep me in ketosis – I don’t always include the protein, it’s up to you.
Additionally, taking in all these amazing vitamins & nutrients helps to keep my reserves full so when I’m fasting my body is adequately stocked!
- Athletic Greens – I’m flawed, just like you. And I don’t always eat enough veggies, especially in the winter when they aren’t locally available. And even when I do with our soil being depleted in so many vitamins & minerals, this is a great healthy insurance policy. Hands down this is the most nutritious green drink powder I could find – GMO free, Organic & Delicious on it’s own. Plus it has probiotics, anti-oxidants and health boosting mushroom complex.
- Keto//Os (caffeine free) – The perfect way to boost your ketogenic diet or trick your body into ketosis even when you’re eating too many carbs. It keeps my energy high and my appetite low.
- Fish oil – Chock full of healthy Omega 3 fatty acids, fish oil helps with weight loss and fights depression in addition to at least a million other awesome benefits. just do it.
- Vitamin D3 w/K2 – It’s winter and way to cold to get outside in the sunshine so I supplement with Vit D. When you supplement with Vit D you gotta take K2 also, they work together.
- Vitamin c powder – My dad started me taking Vitamin C when I was little. It’s good for pretty much everything. Trust me & my dad – take it every day.
- Primal defense probiotic powder* – In addition to eating live, active fermented foods daily, I also take a probiotic daily. I alternate probiotics monthly between Primal Defense, Prescript Assist and Bio-Kult to keep a wide variety of beneficial bacteria in my body.
- Inositol – This is for the ladies, helps with hormone regulation and to reverse infertility. While we aren’t in the market for kiddos, I still want to keep my hormones in check.
- MCT oil – It’s the best part of coconut oil and helps to keep you feeling full all day. Fats are where it’s at – aim to eat 75% of your diet in healthy fats.
- Avocado – Well, duh. Avocados are awesome and you should eat’em every single day.
- Collagen Peptides – For beauty boosting protein. Keeps you looking youthful and joints flexible.
- Filtered water & Ice – Because basic tap water and bottled waters are full of toxins. Stop complicating water, buy a filter and a stainless steel canteen and take your own water with you. You’ll save a boat load of money compared to buying bottles of water and you’ll get healthier too.