Avocado Fries are one of the hottest foods right now and so is the keto diet. I’ve perfected how to get that crispy on the outside breading and creamy warm avocado in the center in my Keto Avocado Fries, but promise you won’t skip the Chipotle Ranch!
There’s 2 things that driving me crazy… first of all when will John-Q-Public finally realize that the whole push to eat low-fat of the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s was one the the BIGGEST disasters for human health AND why do I always burn things when I’m shooting a cooking video? (Scroll to the end of this post for the video)
I never fell for that Low-Fat bullshit and I honestly feel so bad for folks suffering from such extreme brainwashing, that it’s preventing them from bringing back fats into their diet – even with so much proof right in front of them!
So let’s all make a pact, the first step to getting over that fat phobia is committing to stop BAKING things that are amazing fried, like buffalo wings, French fries AND My Keto Avocado Fries!
Avocados are super healthy and it’s generally the one type of fat that even the most fat phobic will embrace, but so is LARD from pasture raised hogs! So, let’s bathe our avocados in Lard to make them healthier!
Are you confused about Healthy Fats? No Worries, START HERE.
If you’ve adopted a Keto diet, welcome to the fat-loving club! My first encounter with a Ketogenic Diet was in 1999, I was a senior in college when I started eating low carb and dabbled in keto.
And that whole thing about burning foods when shooting cooking videos, true story. It happens every damn time… see I try to use a cute little portable electric burner because it looks BETTER in videos but it seriously sucks.
It’s either barely warm or scalding everything.
It’s currently in the trash. Problem solved.
Back to these Keto Avocado Fries… right?? You already got your avocados and lard lined up, now grab an egg and my Keto Breading Mix… you’re ready to go!
Then whip up a batch of my Chipotle Ranch for a serious fat-packed treat!
And I’ve even made a video to show you how easy these are to make~minus the out-takes where I burned the first group & said a bunch of swear words really loudly due to that shitty burner… if you’re looking for the PERFECT deep fryer CLICK HERE, for the one I use in our kitchen and in this video. It automatically filters your fat!
- 2 medium avocado ripe but still firm.
- 1 large Organic Pasture Raised Egg(s) beaten
- 1/2 cup pork panko
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Homemade Seasoned Salt
- Mix all ingredients for Chipotle Ranch, refrigerate until ready to serve. Will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Combine pork dust and grated parmesan cheese in a food processor until well blended and a fine powder.
- Cut avocado(s) into 8 wedges, dip in beaten egg then keto breading.
- Arrange on a single layer on a wax paper lined tray. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat about 1 inch of lard over medium heat to roughly 325. (you can also use a deep fryer, if desired)
- Working in batches, if necessary, fry breaded avocado fries until lightly browned. Serve with Chipotle Ranch.