Can I be completely honest with you?? Here’s what happens. I end up with an ingredient in my home that I don’t typically get excited about, but it’s sitting there, looking at me, following me around the kitchen and I can’t resist using it in all.the.recipes, like these Keto Salted Almond Bourbon Truffle Fat Bombs.
I’m officially obsessed with bourbon.
It’s just sitting there in all it’s red wax dipped top glory and I can’t stop creating deliciousness with it!
It’s like one of those posters where the people’s eyes spookily seem to follow you around the room…. do you see it too, or is it just me??
But don’t worry!!! These are so nutrient packed, the bourbon helps to keep your healthy diet feeling fun and not like you’re being deprived. Avocados, Coconut Oil and MCTs… paired with chocolate and bourbon… with a salty crunchy almond coating… so much YUM.
And only 1g net carb per truffle!
Ray likes these stored in the freezer for a extra solid truffle, but I like mine after they are allowed to warm up to nearly room temperature, leaving them so buttery soft and smooth!
Before you go, THIS IS THE MEDIUM SIZED SCOOPER that I used which yielded 15 servings. If you get more or less truffles you’ll need to recalculate the macros.
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 scoops MCT Powder
- 2 tablespoons Maker's Mark Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil (unrefined) melted
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Cream (canned) or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup roasted and salted almonds chopped
- In your food processor or blender, combine all ingredients (except almonds) and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Using a cookie dough scooper, scoop chilled truffles and roll in chopped almonds.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Will keep for 2 weeks (if you can resist eating them all right away!!)