Think of these a fun, foodie play on the cliched sour cream and chive flavor combination… My Creme Fraiche Ramp Crackers are Low-Carb, Gluten-Free and Primal Friendly, made with only 4 healthy ingredients.
Can you keep a secret??? When I finished these crackers and was taking photos I was bummed out that I didn’t have any whole ramps to include in the photos… see how boring??!!
Then I remembered that we started a patch of ramps in the woods behind our house a couple years ago, and while our intentions is NOT to pick them now but in years to come after they spread… I snuck out and grabbed a few for these photos.
Don’t these ramps look amazing??
Those ramps couldn’t get much fresher!
The only tricky part is making these Crème Fraiche Ramp Crackers is getting hung up on uniform, perfect crackers, abandon the idea. Just roll them thin (between 2 pieces of parchment or parchment) and cut them into squares.
They won’t be perfect looking but they will be delicious.
Let’s be uber trendy and call them rustic. Like the crackers you’d imagine coming from a 1800’s farmhouse, ok?
Ok so maybe I lied. Once you take a bite of your ‘rustic – farmhouse looking’ crackers, the TRUE challenge is to not eat them all. I swear. It’s harder than avoiding gluten and carbs. They are so fabulous.
Love Ramps? Want more healthy ramp recipes?? Click HERE
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients. Knead to form a dough.
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a rectangle that will fit onto your cookie sheet.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and transfer the bottom piece with the dough rectangle onto the cookie sheet.
- Cut into squares. Leave the dough as one piece, the cuts will score them for later when you break them apart.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 250. Remove from the oven, Carefully break apart into crackers on the cut lines. Separate your crackers
- Bake for an additional 5-15 minutes or until crispy. Checking often so that they don't burn or get too dark on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm or cooled. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.