I’m pineapple obsessed. I want to eat and drink all things pineapple, so obviously I’m flooding HSITK with the best of my creative and delicious pineapple recipes, like my Grilled Pineapple Salsa!
All this pineapple deliciousness starts with GRILLED PINEAPPLE!
Just toss a couple slices of fresh pineapple on your grill or in your grill pan and let the magic happen.
You’re really just looking for some pretty grill marks, so keep the heat on high.
Not only are they so much yum, but they are super pretty too!
The hardest part is resisting to eat it all before making it into salsa.. do yourself a favor and grill the whole pineapple, you can eat 1/2 and use the other 1/2 for your salsa.
Just give all the ingredients a chop and season well… then let them all marinate together in the fridge for a couple hours before serving….
Not only is it so much yum on tortilla chips, but it’s also perfect paired with seafood, pork or chicken.
But chips are probably the best, but aren’t they always?!?
Oh and before I forget, this Grilled Pineapple Salsa also makes the BEST Grilled Pineapple Shrimp Ceviche, too.. CLICK HERE for the recipe.
P.S. If you want to add some probiotics to this deliciousness, just add 1 tablespoon of liquid from another ferment, like sauerkraut and let it sit out at room temperature for 24 hours.
AND make a batch of my Sparkling Fermented Pineapple Drink with your pineapple scraps!
- 3* cups grilled pineapple chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeño or green pepper for less heat
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup Organic Red Onion, chopped grilled is best
- 1 teaspoon organic chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice roughly 1/2 a lime
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients, mix well. Refrigerate for a couple hours for the flavors to come together before serving.