And the Ground Cherry recipes just keep on coming! This Ground Cherry Jalapeño Hot Sauce is simply delicious and so very easy to make.
New to Ground Cherries? Never tried them or perhaps never even heard of them? No worries! READ THIS post where I spill the cherries… er… beans.
If you’ve had a ground cherry then you already know how well their sweet pineapple-tomato flavor would marry in a jalapeño hot sauce. Perfect on tacos or even a hot dog!
My favorite ways to enjoy it is drizzled over cream cheese and served with crackers – like you’d use a hot pepper jelly or blended in with some mayo to make a sweet/creamy/spicy salad dressing!
Now I’m going to have to go make another salad…
- Combine all ingredients (except honey) in a sauce pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the ground cherries and jalapeños are very soft.
- Using an stick immersion blender, puree until only the little seeds remain. (or use your blender, carefully working in really small batches)
- Add in honey and season to taste with additional sea salt.
- Ground Cherry Jalapeño Hot Sauce will keep in the fridge for roughly 1 month.