Nothing is better on a cold, snowy day than a warm bowl of soup. Just because you are eating low carb/ket/primal, doesn’t mean you can’t still have a hearty bowl of clam chowder!
Chock-full of healthy fats and totally delicious, this comforting soup will soon become a family favorite.
And it all comes together in just 5 minutes of cooking!
Of course to make the 5-mintue magic happen, you’re going to need a Pressure Cooker. If you are looking for a easy to use and budget friendly electric pressure cooker, I recommend THIS one >> GoWise USA 8 Quart, 8 in 1 Multi-Cooker (the 6 quart is fab too, but trust me the bigger model is definitely better, I have both and speak from experience)
I love my pressure cookers to the moon & back, I use them several times a week. (P.S. I’ve been a pressure cooking fool for over 20 years now, I’m not a newbie. The new electric must-cooker models are safe and easy to use.)
If you are wondering why I don’t use/recommend the instant pot brand – I have tried one in my kitchen. Head to head against my GoWise USA 8 in 1 Multi-Cooker, not only was the instant pot more expensive, it has longer heat up & depressurization times. The instant pot also has less features.
For more of my delicious pressure cooker creations, click HERE
In this recipe I use cultured cream cheese to give my 5-Minute Pressure Cooker Low-Carb Keto Clam Chowder creamy, smooth texture while keeping the carbs extremely low.
However, if you’d prefer to have an even thicker soup, you can use a little potato starch to thicken it, while only adding an additional 2.5 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
- 4 slices bacon 3.5 ounces, chopped
- 8 ounce clam juice 1-bottle
- 10 ounce Fancy Whole Baby Clams canned, drained
- 6.5 ounces Chopped Clams (canned) 1, 6.5oz can, drained
- 6.5 ounces Minced Clams 1, 6.5oz can, drained
- 1 small Onion
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1.5 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/4 t dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces Organic Cultured Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon organic potato starch *optional for a thicker soup, adds 10g carb to the recipe
- Using the sauté feature of your pressure cooker, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, set aside, leaving the rendered bacon fat in your pressure cooker.
- Keeping your pressure cooker on sauté* - Add onions, garlic, and celery, sauté in bacon fat for 3-5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Turn off sauté function.
- Add clams, clam juice, chicken broth, sea salt, white pepper, thyme and reserved bacon to your pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook under pressure for 5 minutes (using standard or high pressure).
- After pressure cooking, carefully depressurize using quick method - turning the gauge to release the pressure.
- Remove thyme if using fresh sprigs. Add heavy cream and cream cheese, stir to melt the cream cheese. Your soup with thicken as it cools.
- If you are using the optional potato starch, combine it with a little liquid from your chowder, mix well and add back into your chowder.
- Serve warm and enjoy!