In the past few months my skin has become clear and radiant, many of you have noticed – Thank you!! And you have been asking for me for the specifics of my skincare routine and I’m more than happy to share. It took some experimenting to find My Non-Toxic Radiant Skin Routine but now that I have there’s no looking back!
(EDIT – 9/20/16 – some of the Beautycounter Products names have changed, I edited this post to reflect the new names and will update photos with new packaging soon!)
Oh, yes (in the photo below) that’s me! Up close and not afraid to show off my complexion, even with just minimal makeup on and no photoshopping!
I’m proudly 39 (DOB 8/22/1977) and am happier with my skin than I’ve ever been. I was plagued with hormonal acne, very oily T-Zone and large obvious pores my entire teen/adult life… I started to make progress in calming down the oiliness, reducing the breakouts and my pores weren’t as obvious when I switched to cleansing my skin with oils (Whipped Coconut Oil Cleanser then Whipped Tallow Facial Cleanser and my Skin Perfecting Toner). However, although my skin looked a lot better, it was far from as radiant as it could be.
Like many of you, my path has changed over time. And while I’ve dedicated the past 5+ years to seeking crunchy living perfection, I became complacent and unsatisfied. I started experimenting with other beauty options that were still healthy but not homemade or as extreme.
I admit to missing creamy and sudsy formulas for my face/body/hair. I craved buying products that worked, I was tired of making DIY products.
Just because I’m not making things from scratch, it doesn’t mean that I’ve abandoned my convictions, I have just evolved over time.
I had been trying a wide variety of products over the past year, searching for my perfect fit, but was miserable and my skin wasn’t improving. Infact with several products my skin worsened.
When I was just about to give up, my friend Sarah at RealFoodOutlaws.com introduced me to Beautycounter and I fell hard & fast. Beautycounter isn’t just a skincare & Cosmetic company, they are on a mission to get SAFER products into the hands of everyone. And I knew if Sarah (who I trust) trusts them, I would too.
I started out using Beautycounter’s Charcoal Face Bar and Balancing Face Oil for the first couple months. My skin was improving; my acne almost disappeared overnight.
I prefer a very simple routine, I’m not into complicated processes or lots of lotions and potions. But as I learned more about other products that Beautycounter offered and I noticed other flaws that I’d love to fix, I started to experiment.
And I can honestly tell you, that without a doubt, I’ve found my own personal perfect beauty routine! The difference in my skin is ASTONISHING.
I hadn’t really paid much attention to the dark spots that had been increasing on my right cheek when I was overwhelmed with a dull, lifeless complexion… but as my skin improved they became more obvious.
These 2 pics are 6 months apart, look at the dramatic difference in my cheek! I came across this vacay picture on an memory card and was shocked at how horrible my cheek looked (march 2016), so I had to snap a new pic today (sept 2016) to show you the difference (ignore the unflattering pics, focus on my cheek ? please) all this is thanks to My Radiant Skin Routine! #beautymadesafe #nontoxic #sunspots #agingskin #39 #bestskinofmylife
EDIT: Instagram link added 9-20-16 showing the progress of my sun spots and redness on my right cheek)
I stuck with the Charcoal cleansing bar because it makes my skin feel so amazing. While for some people using it as their only cleanser can be drying, for me it’s perfect. I then added 2 other products to my routine that are designed to target dark/age/sun spots and improve my skin’s overall appearance.
My Non-Toxic Radiant Skin Routine
- Cleanse with Charcoal Face Bar (twice per day, am & pm)
- Use Rejuvenating Toner Pads, concentrating on dark spots first, then all over face (at first I used them twice a day, now I use them once per day)
- Apply 1 pump of Rejuvenating Radiance Serum over entire face (twice per day, am & pm)
After about a month of using my Basic Radiant Skin Routine, my complexion was dramatically improved and my dark spots were almost invisible!
While my skin looks AMAZING, of course I use a few other products in addition to my basic skincare routine that I can’t leave out of this post!
Additional Products I use:
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream – I’m not getting any younger (The big 4-0 is fast approaching) and while I’m not overly worried about wrinkles, I started using this eye cream right before bed because I’ve heard such amazing things about it. I can’t say that I’ve noticed, it’s just for preventative maintenance.
- Cleansing Balm – This is the most wonderful way to remove makeup. It’s texture is like slightly soft coconut oil, I just use a tiny bit (roughly the size of a 1/2 a small pea) rubbed between my fingers to melt then gently massaged over my eyes/brows (that’s where I wear the most makeup). Then using a warm wash cloth, wipe it away before my Basic Skincare Routine. It can also be used as a cleanser, following the same process as the oil cleansing method.
- Purifying Charcoal Mask – I’ve just recently added this mask to my routine, using it once week all over my face and as a spot treatment, as needed. After the mask I gently pat a couple drops of Balancing Face oil into my still damp skin.
So, there you have it. My entire Radiant Skin Beauty Routine! We all have uniquely different bodies and each require a different routine for perfect skin, however you know you won’t go wrong with Beautycoutner’s Products. Not only to they work fabulously and are non-toxic, they offer a 60 day money-back return policy!
If you have any questions regarding Beautycounter’s Products or need help creating your own Radiant Skin Routine, please don’t hesitate to EMAIL ME.