Love chicken & waffles?? How about serving them up as a bite-sized appetizer for your next party or holiday get-together?? Oh, and yes, of course they are gluten-free, too!
I’m excited to share this recipe as a part of a series I’ll be posting over the next few days in preparation for #HellenOfAWedding… In celebration of our friends Chelsea & Jackie’s wedding, I’ll be putting together an appetizer table for their big day! All the appetizers will be gluten-free and made with real food.
Crispy Grain-Free Waffles made in a mini-waffle silicone pan, with flavorful & juicy breaded chicken nuggets and drizzled with maple syrup – what more could you want??
When I saw a few pictures of chicken & waffle sliders on pinterest, I knew I HAD to make them for Chelsea & Jackie’s wedding – Jackie is from the south and chicken & waffles are her thing. But the problem is that in most cases people make them with processed food, frozen mini waffles… not from homemade.
And I searched high and low for a mini waffle maker – there is one that exists but I could not find one to purchase anywhere local or on-line. And of the few things I found that MIGHT work, most were way to big for a bite-sized slider… Until I found these wonderful waffle silicone pans! They are the perfect size, roughly a quarter.
I used my AMAZING grain-free Belgium Waffle Recipe from Without Grain and my Gluten Free Breaded Chicken for the chicken. Trust me, they are PERFECTION!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make your grain-free waffle batter and transfer to a plastic condiment bottle (for ease and less mess) Lightly spray your silicone mold with oil and fill 1/2 to 3/4 full with batter.
- It's advisable to place your silicone pans on a baking sheet before filling!!
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Using boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized nuggets, prepare according to my Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Recipe.
- Reheat waffles and chicken in the oven/toaster oven, if needed prior to assembly. Both can be made ahead of time and reheated.
- Drizzle with lots of maple syrup before adding tooth picks so that they don't get sticky 🙂