Smoked Salmon mixed into a probiotic-rich blend of cream cheese, crème fraîche, and greek yogurt, along with fresh herbs, makes a delicious Smoked Salmon Spread you’ll be sure to enjoy.
Why Should You Always Choose Wild-caught Seafood?
Salmon, shrimp, cod, sea bass, and various other types of fish are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, rich in various types of nutrients, and high in protein. But, depending on where your fish comes from, you might be getting a side of antibiotics or GMOs that you’re unaware of.
Farm-raised fish are commercially raised in tanks, enclo- sures, and controlled pens in lakes, ponds, rivers, and oceans. Due to their compact living situations and GMO feed, they tend to have more diseases, toxins, artificial dyes, and antibiotics than their wild-caught counterparts.
Wild-caught fish tend to be higher in omega-3 fatty acids and protein and contain very low levels of disease. They are free from antibiotics, pesticides, and artificial dyes, and they are obviously free to roam about the ocean and find their own food. While mercury can be an issue with wild-caught fish, it can be just as much of an issue with fish that are farm raised in the ocean.
While fish farming’s main purpose was to meet the increased consumer demand for fish, keep the costs low, and decrease the levels of mercury, the harmful effects of the added antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, GMO feed, and artificial dyes—not to mention the environmental problems associated with fish farming—outweigh all the good.
- 4 ounces Organic Cultured Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche < Creme Fraiche DIY Link
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt plain, full fat
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces wild caught smoked salmon coarsely chopped
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the crème fraîche, Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, dill, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, continuing to beat until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the scallions and smoked salmon.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours to allow the flavors to combine before serving.