Do you remember those “dirt” dips of the early 90’s – they were all the rage at kid and adult parties. I have to admit that I never ate them and nor do I know the exact ingredients, but I think they were combinations of things like cool whip and oreo cookies.. and let’s not forget the artifically colored gummy worms!
You don’t have to worry about any processed foods or toxic additives in my delicious Radishes and Ranch Dirt Dip, it’s made with all healthy, real food ingredients, Primal & Low-Carb Friendly too!
You’ll need to buy a cute terra cotta saucer to serve your Radishes and Ranch Dirt Dip in, just give a good wash in hot soapy water when you get home, and let it dry.
Then you’ll spread the Ranch Dip (made with my homemade ranch dressing mix, goat cheese and mayonnaise) in an even layer and top with ground black olives, they are the perfect healthy dirt!
Serve it with a dish of other fresh, raw veggies like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Or if you’re like me, just eat the delicious dip right off the spoon – there are perks to my job and the best one is taste testing every recipe! I’m doubly-lucky with this one since my hubby don’t like black olives! I got to keep the dip all to myself!
If you don’t like olives, you can also top the dip with pumpernickel bread crumbs (and are OK with gluten). I’m sure it would be delicious as well.
And you can make the cutest individual dips using the tiniest pots you can find.. aren’t these (below) totally adorable!
Now, on to the recipe, right?!?
- 12 ounces goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1 can black olives
- radishes with tops
- other veggies for dipping
- Drain olives and pulse to finely chop in your food processor, set aside.
- Using a electric mixer, beat goat cheese until fluffy. Add mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix.
- Spread dip in your terra cotta pot or saucer. Top with finely chopped olives.
- Cut the bottom root off the radishes and serve them dipped in the dirt!