I have some FABULOUS news to share, we’ve just hit the half-way point of my January Weight Loss Challenge and I’ve lost over 10 pounds in the first 10 days!!! And today to celebrate I’m sharing my recipe for No-Bake Honey Butter Protein Bites that we’ve been having as our after dinner treat.. Dessert and loosing weight?!? Yes, please! Right?
These are a great healthy snack for any time of the day, but we especially like them at night since we stick to a high fat, very low carb diet during the day and have our carbs with dinner (which helps regulate blood sugar for better quality sleep).
They are very easy to make, there’s no special equipment or complicated instructions. You just mix everything together and roll the dough into a ball – chill until ready to eat! Ok, so I will warn you that they CAN be just a little addictive, but since they are full of healthy fats you’ll be less likely to overeat them.
For the bites:
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds raw, unsalted
- Using an electric hand or stand mixer, cream together almond butter, butter and honey together until smooth and well combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well over low, scraping down the sides of the bowl as need.
- Roll the dough into small bite-sized, round balls using your hands. Roll each ball into the sunflower seeds first THEN in into the shredded coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.