I’ve day dreamed of owning a Le Creuset Dutch Oven for as long as I’ve known how to cook. It’s one of those iconic pieces that every good cook must have in their kitchen. Needless to say, finally being a proud owner of a Le Creuset Dutch Oven makes me feel like I’ve officially arrived on the foodie-scene. And I’m even more excited to be sharing this amazing gift with one lucky reader! Why Le Creuset? Le Creuset Dutch Oven are made in France the same way they’ve been made since 1925. Each oven is hand-cast into a sand mold. After casting, each mold is destroyed and then each oven is polished and sanded by hand to be prepared for enameling. Le Creuset Dutch Oven Features:
- Comes in a variety of sizes, from very small to large to cook a wide variety of meals
- Made of attractive, enameled cast iron
- Has cast iron loop handles on the sides
- The lid’s knob is built to stay cool to the touch, to prevent burns
- The lid is heavy and fits on so tight that flavor and tenderness are locked in
- Should be washed by hand only
- Le Creuset ovens are made according to strict quality control.
- They are suitable for the freezer, the refrigerator, the stove top, the oven and for serving on the table.
- Le Creuset Dutch ovens are safe in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The enameled surface resists sticking and does not react with food.
- The company offers a lifetime warranty of 101 years that even covers chipping.
Cooking in a Le Creuset Dutch Oven: The Le Creuset Dutch Oven cooks evenly and is perfect for slow-cooked meals. They are perfect for everything from pasta to soup. You’ll find a way to use them every day. Le Creuset Dutch Oven can last a lifetime (or longer) and still cook great meals. In the short period of time that I’ve had my Le Creuset Dutch Oven, I have used it every day. Of course it works great for basic tasks like boiling potatoes for my Perfect Mashed Potatoes and deep frying Homemade Shoestring Potato Sticks… the real excitement set in when I roasted my first chicken! Making the Perfect Roast Chicken in a Le Creuset Dutch Oven is almost fool-proof. The beauty of cooking in the Le Creuset Dutch Oven is that it’s very forgiving like cooking in a slow cooker/crock pot. Here’s a quick overview of my Perfect Roast Chicken with Vegetable Gravy. It’s such a great way to cheat and a completely healthy gravy, using roasted vegetables and the drippings! Low Carb, Paleo, Primal and Auto-Immune Paleo Friendly, too!So I’m sure if you weren’t already dreaming of owning your own Le Creuset Dutch Oven, you are now!! Click HERE to buy one for yourself or Enter my giveaway (use the widget below) to win one!! Le Creuset 5-Quart Dutch Oven Giveaway Eligibility: Open to USA residents, 18 years of age and older. This giveaway is sponsored by Le Creuset and is in no way affiliated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. No purchase necessary. Closing Date: September 16, 2014, 11:59 pm PST. Winner will be randomly selected and contacted via email on September 17, 2014. DISCLOSURE statement: This giveaway is being sponsored by Le Creuset