Nothing goes better with Cheesecake than fresh picked Berries… However, in the heat of the summer (when local berries are in season) there’s no way that I’m going to turn on the oven and bake a cheesecake! Did you know that you can make the most amazing cheesecake and you don’t have to turn on the oven? And I’m not talking some pretend, no-bake cheesecake, I’m talking the real deal. Creamy perfection! You might want to sit down for this… Yes, I’m serious. Take a seat Ready? Keep the Kitchen Cool and Crock(pot) your Cheesecake! Yes! You can make an authentic, drool worthy Cheesecake(s) in your CROCK POT! That’s right! You can make the most decedant, amazing cheesecake without an oven. And did I mention that they are also grain/gluten free?! And if you use stevia – very low carb! And in case you didn’t notice from the pictures… You bake them right in canning jars so they are perfectly portioned and are totally portable. Great for lunch at work or for a picnic at the park! Will you Join me and take the Mighty Nest Pledge to Keep the Kitchen Cool and Crock(pot) your Cheesecake this summer? When you take the pledge to Keep the Kitchen Cool and Crock(pot) your Cheesecake you’ll automatically be entered to win a prize pack valued at over $100 from Mighty Nest! What we’re Giving Away:
- 32oz GLass Measuring Cup
- Weck Jars, 1/5 Liter Mold
- Duralex large glass mixing bowl
- Hive Trivet
- Stainless Steel and Bambu Utility Knife
- Cutting Bar Board
- Measuring Spoons
Mighty Nest has quickly become my go-to online retails for safe non-toxic items. They’ve researched cookware, dinnerware, storage containers and other household items for you and taken the guesswork out of buying. If Mighty Nest sells it, you know it’s safe for you and your family to use! They also give tips and advice on choosing non-toxic items that support healthy living and 15% of every purchase you make at Mighty Nest goes to support the local school of your choice. By entering the giveaway you’ll also help your local school win to $500 in the Mighty Nest for Schools Savor the Summer Challenge. Just click the blue button below that says “I Pledge” to be entered to win! Now that you’ve pledged to Keep the Kitchen Cool and Crock(pot) your Cheesecake.. I’ll teach you how very easy it is to make these for yourself! The key to these amazing little cheesecakes is using a heat proof canning jar (roughly 1/2 pint or 1/5th liter size) – I recommend these classic Weck Jars, aren’t they the cutest?? And what’s even more awesome is that by making your cheesecakes in glass canning jars, you’re not serving cheesecake to your family that’s been cooked in a toxic metal pan (which most spring form cheesecake pans are)! Mix up a simple crust in your food processor and press into the bottom of your jars. However if you’d prefer a crustless cheesecake, feel free to leave it out (I prefer a crustless cheesecake but my hubby likes lots of crust, I’ll make half with crust and half without) Then fill your jars about 3/4 of the way full with your cheesecake filling (just beat everything together) – remember to clean up any drips on the edges of the jars.. Then place your jars in to your crock pot and fill with water 1/2 way up the sides of the jars to create a water bath. Cover your crock pot with the lid and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Be careful when removing the lid so that the water that’s collected on the lid doesn’t drip onto your cheesecakes. (Your cheesecakes will be PUFFED up) After 2 hours, prop open the lid of your crock pot until your cheesecakes fall back down into the jars – you may have to clean up the rims of the jars a little. Top your cooled jars of cheesecake with fresh berries & mint and Enjoy!
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
- 3 8 ounce Organic Cultured Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 large eggs pasture raised hens)
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot Starch
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla get my recipe to make your own HERE
- 1 teaspoon lemon, juiced
- 2/3 cup Sugar Coconut Sugar or Maple Sugar
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 6 - 1/5 liter or 8 - 1/2 Pint Canning Jars
- Fresh Berries/Mint for garnish
- Combine Grahram Cracker Crumbs or Nuts, Sugar and Butter in your food processor and pulse to combine.
- Divide evenly into your canning jars and press down firmly using your fingers & set aside
- Preheat your crockpot on High with an inch of water
- In your mixer, beat cream cheese until all lumps are removed and the cream cheese is fluffy
- Add everything else and mix well on low speed (so it doesn't splash)
- Divide batter evenly between your jars (clean up any messes on the jars)
- Place filled jars into your preheated crock pot, add additional water if needed to make sure the water is at least 1/2 way up the sides of the jars
- Place the lid on your crock pot and cook for 2 hours on High - be careful when opening your crockpot while cooking, don't let the water droplets on the lid fall into your cheesecakes!
- Your cheesecakes are done when they are set and starting to pull away from the sides of the jar (they will puff up, maybe over the top of your jars)
- Turn off your crock pot and prop the lid open, allow your cheesecakes to cook (and they will fall) for about 30-60 minutes
- Carefully remove cheesecakes from your crock pot and allow to completely cool before topping or cover with lids.
- Store in the fridge -- Enjoy!