Have you ever eaten beef heart?? Are you intimidated by organ meats? You don’t have to be so afraid of Beef Heart when it’s marinated and dehydrated into a yummy jerky! What’s so great about beef heart? Beef heart has very concentrated levels of CoQ10, B vitamins, folic acid, Selenium, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Amino Acids that help burn fat, store energy and boost stamina and endurance. CoQ10 that’s found in beef heart is highly protective against cancer and is found only in animal foods. CoQ10 is a substance present in every cell in the body and essential for cell production, we need a lot for good health and can get 40% of our daily requirement with just 1 serving of heart. It protects our heart, improves problems with our gums, and has an affect on many different diseases Beef heart also has twice as much collagen and elastin; for wrinkle free skin!
Teriyaki Beef Heart JerkyPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Beef Heart approx 3 pounds
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2/3 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds + additional for garnish if desired
- Combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Trim and slice your Beef heart in jerky sized strips. One 3 pound heart will yield about 1 1/2 pounds of clean jerky strips, don't be shocked at the waste.
- Toss Beef Heart Strips with marinade for 48 hours in the fridge, stirring occasionally. Making sure all the strips are fully submerged.
- Drain strips from marinade but do not rinse.
- Lay strips on your dehydrator trays, making sure they don't touch.
- Dehydrate at 155-160 degrees (or according to your dehydrator's manufacturers instructions) until all pieces are dried to your personal preference.