My fall favorite Apple Pie Kombucha was inspired by Jill of First Comes Health. Her amazing book Fermented opened my eyes to more flavoring options for my home-brewed kombucha. I encourage all of you to purchase her book!!
- Kombucha (single ferment)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples or other Tart Apple
- 2 Whole Cloves
- 2 Allspice Berries
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Liter Kombucha Bottle
- Using a JUICER (I recommend this juicer), juice your apples and pour your fresh apple juice into your 1 liter kombucha bottle
- Add your cloves, allspice berries, 1/2 a cinnamon stick and 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Sugar to your bottle
- Fill with kombucha, leaving about ½ inch of headspace, depending on the shape of the container.
- Cap tightly and shake gently to dissolve coconut sugar.
- Allow to ferment 3 to 7 days or until kombucha is carbonated to your liking.
- Move bottles to refrigeration for storage.
- When you are ready to drink it, open carefully, without shaking, to avoid spilling the bubbly kombucha over the top of the bottle.
- Strain kombucha through a small strainer in order to remove any clumps of spice. Serve cold.