Here’s my list of Summer Salad Essentials, 5 items no healthy kitchen should be without during summer salad season:
- The best salads start with fresh, locally grown, seasonal ingredients! You’ll never get fresher picked veggies than from your own garden, but for those of you who don’t have a garden or don’t grow everything in your garden, be sure to shop your local farmers market or sign up for a CSA! Don’t know where your local farmer’s market is?? Here’s some online resources to help: Localharvest.org, Farmersmarket.com or Eatwild.com
- Now that you’ve gotten the best ingredients home, give them a rinse and dry them in a salad spinner!
Here’s the one we have:
- Make your life a little easier and invest in a Tomato Knife, so that you don’t ruin those beauties trying to saw through them with the wrong type of knife! You can also obtain those beautiful slices for sandwiches with a tomato knife. Here’s the one we have:
- You’ve taken the time to get the freshest of fresh ingredients, got them all clean/dry.. now present your salad in a beautiful salad bowl… Here’s the bamboo salad bowl with matching salad hands that we have:
- This awesome Measure-Mix-Serve Salad Dressing Bottle makes it super easy to throw together your own homemade dressings, since the recipes are written on the bottle with measurements! I love mine!