I love to sit down with a cup of hot tea and a shortbread cookie. These aren’t too sweet with just a hint of salt. Using coconut sugar instead of regular sugar gives them a caramel flavor you’ll love! Gluten free, Dairy free, and Egg free, too!
Here’s what you need to make my Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies:
- 1/2c Coconut Oil (Click HERE to buy)
- 1/2c Coconut Sugar (Click HERE to buy)
- 1/2t Vanilla Extract (Click HERE for my recipe to make your own)
- 1/2c Almond Flour (Click HERE to buy)
- 1/2c Cornstarch (Click HERE to buy)
- 1/2c Sweet Rice Flour (Click HERE to buy)
- 1/2t Sea Salt (Click HERE to buy)
- 1/4c Coconut Milk (Click HERE to buy)
Combine Almond flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch and sea salt together, set aside. With an electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add the mixture of dry ingredients and coconut milk into the creamed coconut oil/sugar mixture, mix until well combined. Roll dough into a log and wrap in wax paper, chill for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 280 degrees F
Cut 1/4 in thick slices of dough and arrange 1 inch apart on a parchment paper (click HERE to buy) lined cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes at 280 degrees. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet. Enjoy!