About a year ago I made a pact with myself to be more willing to say YES to things I’d normally pass on… and in every situation where I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and accepted the path the universe presented to me, I’ve had the most amazing things happen! (learn more when I formally introduce you to Our Camp Serendipity next month)
So, when Jasmine at Annmarie Skincare reached out and asked if I’d like to try some of their products a couple weeks ago, of course I said yes.
Now, don’t get things confused, I still vetted their brand and mission to be sure it aligned with my lifestyle.
Perhaps “aligned” isn’t quite the correct term.
I was shocked to see that not only did Annmarie Skincare meet my high standards, they far exceeded them.
Trying their products was a no-brainer.
Being honest, the best part of my job is getting to try amazing products, I’m not ashamed to say it.
Earlier this week (Tuesday 7-25-17, to be exact) my Annmarie Skincare package arrived. Again, being honest I was thinking, meh, another package from another brand.
Don’t you want my honesty?
But, when I open the box I was seriously impressed. Not only in the extremely generous assortment that they sent (I had no idea what they were going send) but also the packaging, the ingredients, the scents and the – well – everything about their products was impressive.
So impressed, that I decided to promptly take photos THEN use them.
Honesty time (again) most often samples sent can (and will) sit around my house for a while before I dig in.. not this time. I just couldn’t resist trying out their skin care products ASAP.
My initial reaction was WOW.
And I didn’t want to make any radical changes in my skincare (or makeup) routine… I’m generally happy with the products I currently use and the brands that I support.
One of the responsibilities that I shoulder as the voice of a popular healthy living blog is that I never-ever want to singularly support or promote one brand when I know for certain that there are other awesome folks doing awesome things.
And let’s face it, just like our optimal healthy diets are unique from person to person, so are our requirements for the perfect skincare and cosmetic products. Let’s just say that while I agreed to sample AnnMarie Skincare products for YOU, I couldn’t help but want to give them a serious consideration in my own personal regime after trying them out.
Why Annmarie Skincare?
Annmarie Skincare was founded by healthy lifestyle bloggers Annmarie and Kevin Gianni in 2009. Their goal is to provide the best natural, wildcrafted and organic skin care, all natural makeup, and natural and organic essential oils.
Each product is handcrafted using their proprietary ‘Honest. Wild. Beautiful.’ process – where they select the highest quality ingredients, infuse them in skin healthy oils and aloe then additionally craft them with potent plant extracts and nutrients to make them effective for every unique skin type. The result is beautiful, glowing skin.
My 30-Day AnnMarie Gianni Skincare Challenge
For the next 30+ days, I’ll be using exclusively Annmarie Skincare products in my healthy beauty routine.
It just kinda worked out perfectly, timing wise. I was just at the point where I needed to reorder a few of my current favorite products, so why not give these products I just received a chance!
After using the products that I was sent a couple times, I thought these ARE kinda fabulous. And MAYBE the will take my good looking complexion and make it even more radiant.
I have nothing to loose. If after 30 days I don’t love the Annmarie Skincare products I can just go back to what I know works.
I guess you’d call it win-win.
Selecting what products to use is alway the biggest challenge, right? Luckily there was no guess work for me this time, I’m committing to using only what was sent to me for the next 30 days (unless I run out then, well, we’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.)
My Daily AnnMarie Skincare Routine:
- Wash my face with Aloe Herb Cleanser AM & PM – Cleanse and lift excess oil with this pH-balanced, aloe vera-based cream cleanser. Infused with healing herbs and a light blend of natural oils containing essential fatty acids, to keep your skin naturally hydrated. Gently removes makeup and impurities without drying or leaving any residue. Leaves your skin feeling nourished, soft and beautiful.
- Spritz with Neroli Toning Mist AM & PM – This delicate aloe vera infusion hydrates, softens and balances your look, and enhances absorption of all serums and oils. The sweet, orange-blossom aroma of neroli oil calms and soothes the mind. Use throughout the day to instantly feel hydrated and refreshed.
- Treat with Anti-Aging Serum AM & PM – This versatile, aloe vera-based serum provides active nutrients for all skin types, firming and tightening the appearance of aging skin. Hyaluronic acid hydrates, while the herbal extracts buddleja davidii and edelweiss protect skin from environmental stressors. Life everlasting flowers soothe and refresh.
- Moisturize with Herbal Facial Oil for Normal & Combination Skin – Nourish normal or combination skin with this gentle and calming herbal blend. Our unique grapeseed oil base helps balance natural oils. Skin-enriching oils—tamanu, passion fruit seed, and buriti fruit—enhance the skin’s natural radiance. This lightweight, quickly absorbed moisturizer feels soothing while delivering essential nutrients for healthy skin.
My Annmarie Weekly Skincare Treatments:
Just like with my daily routine, the products I’m adding in as weekly treatments are solely the ones that were sent to me… and while the recommended usage is more often than once a week, based not the size/quantity sent to me 1x a week is pretty much the max usage I will get from each. And that’s ok. I’m not really “into” treatments so using each once a week is reasonable for me.
- Coconut Honey Mask 1x/week – Nourish your skin with this unique, vitamin-rich mask formulated with pure Colorado mountain wildflower honey. Live enzymes and amino acids keeping skin looking smooth and plump. Coconut oil, high in lauric acid, soothes sensitive skin.
- Ayurvedic Facial Scrub 1x/week – This fragrant Indian herbal treatment with horsetail and fenugreek seeds exfoliates and softens. Mineral-rich Rhassoul clay from the Atlas Mountains of Morocco absorbs excess oil. This gentle but powerful treatment leaves skin revitalized, fresh and alive.
- Kaolin Micro Exfoliant 1x week – Cleanse and detoxify your skin with re-mineralizing green kaolin clay. Diatomaceous earth promotes a smooth, soft texture and creates a rich exfoliant that replenishes minerals, stimulates and removes impurities. This revitalizing treatment leaves skin polished, flawless and restored.
Other Annmarie Fabulousness…
Both of these sample kits are available to purchase for you too. I strongly recommend getting them to try before you buy, taking out the guess work.
I’ve been using the tiniest bit of the EO blends as perfume daily and will definitely be purchasing the entire set of their EO blends to wear in the future (aka when I place my first order).
My personal favorites are Vibrance, Love & Passion.
And likewise, Their sample set of mineral foundations is amazing. You get to play with each and every color they offer at home, for multiple uses. I was able to not only find my perfect summer/tan shade (nutmeg) but also will be able to hang on to them to find my perfect winter/pale shade later this year (probably honey)
Like their EO blends, I will be getting their foundation when I place my first order. The coverage is unique in that you can apply it just as a powder for a matte finish OR blend it into facial oil for a dewy finish. Either way, it lasts all day and gives your skin the most amazing glow.
If you are looking for a healthy skincare routine, join my 30 Day Annmarie Skincare Challenge, grab some samples or a starter kit for your unique skin care needs.
While I’m saying it’s a ’30-day’ challenge, I’m actually planning to keep using these products until September 1, 2017 when I’ll be sharing my results with all of you…. and don’t worry I’ll be honest <3
In the mean time, feel free to send me an email if you have any questions about Annmarie Skincare or my other favorite non-toxic brands, I’m always glad to help!
Yours in Health,