Spring has officially SPRUNG! Who else is getting ready for some serious Spring Cleaning?? I know I am! Spring cleaning is such a transformational time, out with the old and in with the new, purging and cleaning for a fresh start!
But don’t make the mistake of cleaning your home with toxic chemicals! Cleaning need to involve poisoning your family, friends and pets.
Naturally cleaning your home can’t get much easier, with just a few common healthy supplies and essential oils in your cleaning arsenal your home won’t just be cleaner, it will be healthier too!
One of the biggest challenges to using Essential Oils for your Spring Cleaning Routine is choosing EOs are best.
Best Essential Oils for Cleaning:
- Tea Tree
While there are numerous single EOs that are great for cleaning, most often it’s best to use a combination of oils to maximize their performacne …. but that’s a challenge…. Which oils work best together?
And honestly, having all the oils on hand to choose from is expensive and not realistic to have them all in your EO collection RIGHT NOW.
My Favorite Essential Oil Blends for Spring Cleaning
Instead of wasting precious time researching, mixing and testing a wide variety of EO blends, I leave the blending up to the experts.
I’ve been exclusively using RMO Essential Oils for about a year and I have nothing but the BEST of things to say about their oils and customer service. To learn The 5 Reasons I switched to Rocky Mountain Oils, click HERE.
Loads of Fun Blend
Loads of Fun Essential Oil Blend brings a bright fresh, citrus aroma with a hint of sweet spearmint to your laundry when added to the dryer. Ditch the artificially fragranced commercial dryer sheet for a natural aroma with essential oil, leaving your clothes smelling great without the toxic chemicals.
Loads of Fun Ingredients: Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Tangerine, Wintergreen
How to use Loads of Fun Blend:
Wool Dryer Ball: Add 3-6 drops of Loads of Fun to each dryer ball. Toss 4-8 of the dryer balls into the dryer with wet clothes (use 6-8 dryer balls for large loads as this will help dry the clothes faster). Re-use over and over again. Add more essential oil as needed, usually after the third load of laundry. Smells great and has the added bonus of reducing dry time and static cling!
DIY Dryer Sheets: Mix 1 cup of organic distilled white vinegar with 20+ drops of Loads of Fun essential oil blend. Pour mixture over cloth squares (such as fabric scraps, cloth baby wipes or pieces of an old T-shirt). Allow fabric to soak in the mixture while stored in a sealable container. Wring out the excess liquid and toss one into the dryer with each load of clothes! White vinegar helps reduce static cling and the scent will evaporate, leaving behind the bright clean scent of Loads of Fun!
- Wrinkle Release Spray: Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup organic distilled white vinegar and 10 drops of Loads of Fun in a 16 ounce spray bottle. Shake well prior to use. Spray wrinkled fabrics using a sweeping motion, release wrinkles from clothing by smoothing and tugging fabric with your hands, allow clothing to hang to dry. This also works wonderfully on wrinkled drapes and curtains, spray on while hanging and smooth.
Purify Essential Oil Blend has a sharp, clean aroma that can help clean and freshen the air, a little goes a long way. Try diffusing it in your kitchen or bathroom to help clear the air. Use it when cleaning countertops and sinks.
Purify Ingredients: Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Rosemary, Lavender, Myrtle, & Citronella
How to use Purify Blend:
- Purify Room Spray – Combine 75 drops Purify to 4 ounces Distilled Water in a fine mist spray bottle and shake well before every use. Liberally spritz the room as needed. Can refill the water 2-3 times before needing to refill the oil.
- Purify Cleaning Spray – Combine 75 drops Purify, 4 ounces Water and 4 ounces organic distilled white vinegar in an 8 ounce spray bottle, shake well before every use. Use to clean bathroom and kitchen counters. Use on mold in bathroom shower and tub, around sinks, in basement, etc
- Purify Floor Cleaner – Combine 2 cups warm water, 1/2 cup organic distilled white vinegar, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, 3 drops Sal Suds or other natural unscented liquid soap, 5-10 drops Purify. It can be used in a bucket or spray bottle to dispense your floor cleaner as you mop.
Minty Clean Blend
Minty Clean Essential Oil Blend has a fresh minty scent presenting a strong clean menthol like aroma. Perfect for cleaning your home the essential oil way. Try diffusing it in your kitchen or bathroom or adding it to your favorite DIY natural surface cleaner.
Minty Clean Ingredients: Eucalyptus Globus, Spearmint and Cornmint
How to use Minty Clean Blend:
- Aromatherapy: add water and 5-10 drops (more or less as needed) of Minty Clean to your diffuser to purify and deodorize your environment.
- Bathroom Cleaning Spray: In a 16 oz spray bottle add 1 cup water, 1 cup white vinegar and 10-15 drops of Minty Clean. Shake before each use. Great for countertops in kitchen and bathrooms.
Save 20% on Spring Cleaning* Essential Oils
To help you switch to a healthier cleaning routine, Rocky Mountain Oils is offering 20% off all their Cleaning Oils until March 27th. CLICK here to learn more.