I first started using charcoal as a part of my beauty routine as a my Homemade Blackhead Removing Mask several years ago. And I’ve dabbled with a few dead sea mud and charcoal based cleansers since I became bored with the coconut oil cleansing method and my whipped tallow facial cleanser.
When I first stared using Beautycounter’s SAFE products, I was only interested in their makeup, but once I learned that they offer a Charcoal Face Bar, I HAD to try it. And needless to say I fell hard & fast for this cute black bar of soap – My skin’s never looked better!
1. Soaps are often made with harsh surfactants such as sulfates that are overly drying and irritating to the skin. In addition, soaps may contain parabens as well as synthetic dyes, antioxidants, and fragrances that can act as hormone-disrupting chemicals. Beautycounter’s Charcoal Face Bar doesn’t come with any of that.
2. Charcoal has gained a lot of attention lately as a buzzy skincare ingredient. Beautycounter’s Charcoal Face Bar contains a special type of charcoal powder called Binchotan, which helps to thoroughly cleanse skin and draw out dirt, oil, and impurities.
3. The fear with any deeply cleansing, detoxifying product is that it will also dry out your skin. Thanks to hydrating organic coconut and sunflower seed oils, Beautycounter’s Charcoal Face Bar doesn’t.
4. Other noteworthy ingredients include antioxidant-rich organic green tea extract as well as organic witch hazel, an astringent that works to refine pores and balance skin.
5. Beautycounter’s Charcoal Face Bar works well for all skin types—not simply combination skin—and for men, women, and teens. It’s gentle enough to use daily on both your face and body.
6. Nothing looks cooler on your bathroom counter than a bar of black soap (plus, it’s a great conversation starter).
7. It’s designed to help give you a smoother, brighter, healthier-looking complexion—and who doesn’t want that?
My Beautycounter Beauty Routine:
I’m always shocked at how many people have complicated beauty routines, I’m a wash & go kind of gal, but you’d never guess it with how radiant my skin is!
- Remove mascara with a few drops of soothing baby oil
- Cleanse my skin with the Charcoal Face Bar
- Treat the dark spots on my cheek with Enlightening Treatment Pads (evening)
- Gently pat 3 drops of Lustro Face Oil #3 onto my face using my fingertips
Recently, I’ve been keeping the Vibrant Eye Perfector on my night stand and try to apply it to my eye area before bed. I probably remember to do it 3-4x a week.