I’m totally obsessed with chorizo.. and my latest recipe is a quick way to get LOTS of flavor in a very healthy way! My Spanish Cauliflower Rice with Chorizo is great on it’s own as a small meal or used as a side dish. It’s Paleo and gluten free, too!
- ½ pound of Chorizo, removed from casing and chopped
- ½ cup Onion, Chopped
- ½ cup Green Pepper, Chopped (use hot, sweet or combination)
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- Cumin, Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Optional Garnishes: Cilantro, Avocado, Lime, and/or Sour Cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chorizo, onion & peppers until cooked
- Add in cauliflower rice and tomato sauce, continue to cook until cauliflower rice is cooked but not mushy
- Season to taste with Cumin, Sea Salt & Pepper
- Garnish with chopped avocado, cilantro, sour cream & a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired.
Most often you will find Hayley in her kitchen, she has always had a passion for food and cooking. She resides with her husband, Ray (and black lab, Hercules) on a 6-acre homestead in rural, southwestern Pennsylvania. Together, they have a beautiful organic garden, raise chickens, forage for wild edibles and look forward to their summertime Sunday evening “mountain rides” in their Jeep.