Looking for a quick & tasty lunch on the go? Make up a batch of my Beef & Cheese Taco Cups! They are grain & gluten free and taste AMAZING — hot or cold! These are especially awesome for the kiddos & are great to send with them to school in their lunch.
Seriously, who doesn’t LOVE tacos?? You make a simple dough and press it into a muffin pan, fill with cooked taco meat & top with lots of cheddar cheese – bake & enjoy! These taste like little portable, grain & gluten free tacos!
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 cups Tapioca Flour
- 2 tablespoons Tallow, Lard or Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 Egg, preferably free range, organic & soy free
- 1 pound Ground Beef, preferably grass fed
- Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, preferably organic & raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In the bowl of your food processor combine all the dry ingredients for the crust and pulse a few times to combine well.
- Add in fat and pulse a few times..
- Add in egg and pulse a few times..
- Add water as needed to make a dough that resembles a pie crust dough - it should be dry but stay together - add water in very small increments if needed
- Allow dough to chill for at least 30 minutes to overnight tightly wrapped in plastic.
- While your dough is chilling, cook your beef and season with taco seasoning according to package taco seasoning direction - set aside
- Remove your dough from the fridge and divide into 12 equal portions
- Press each portion into an individual cup of a muffin pan - spreading with your fingers up the sides
- Fill each dough cup with 1/12th of the taco meat and 1/12th of the cheese
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Remove from pan & cool
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
Most often you will find Hayley in her kitchen, she has always had a passion for food and cooking. She resides with her husband, Ray (and black lab, Hercules) on a 6-acre homestead in rural, southwestern Pennsylvania. Together, they have a beautiful organic garden, raise chickens, forage for wild edibles and look forward to their summertime Sunday evening “mountain rides” in their Jeep.