My Facebook Followers have chosen another awesome giveaway for this month, don’t you think?? Even though we already have several cast iron pieces, I’d still LOVE to have this set for myself!
New to cooking with Cast Iron Cookware, wonder what’s all the fuss??
Here’s 10 Reasons
1) Made of Iron. Cast Iron Cookware is sturdy. You can drop it and it won’t be damaged. You don’t have to worry about scratching it or discoloring it. It’s possible that it can rust, but you can easily clean it. Cast Iron Cookware will take any and all abuse and still last forever. In fact, it will probably outlast even you.
2) It Can Take The Heat. Most cookware comes with heat warnings. Even most stainless steel cookware isn’t supposed to go over 450/500 degrees in an oven. Cast Iron Cookware? I mean… yea… eventually it’ll melt. But seriously you can cook on an open campfire with them. Try that with a nonstick pan! Oh wait, please don’t!
3) It’s Nonstick. Speaking of nonstick, Cast Iron Cookware is nonstick if you season them correctly. Season by wiping it down with a thin layer of healthy fat and then bake it in a 250 degree oven for about 90 minutes. Let it cool and wipe it down and this will be as good as any nonstick pan out there. Go ahead fried egg on it!
4) It’s a Grill. For you city folk, having a yard with a BBQ grill is not always an option. But because you can get Cast Iron Cookware really hot, it can effectively be used as a grill! And even though we have a yard and grill – we still love a steak cooked in our Cast Iron Cookware even better!
5) It’s Economical. I think some people are actually turned off by Cast Iron Cookware because they think it’s cheap as in low quality. But the reality is that they just happen to be cheap to make which makes them economical, but not cheap. Not to mention that a lot of people sell perfectly good Cast Iron Cookware at yard sales just because they don’t know how to season them.
6) It’s Healthy. You can toss all those toxic, teflon, non-stick coated skillets! Cast Iron Cookware isn’t treated with toxic chemicals and won’t leach them into your food!
7) Save on Soap. Once your Cast Iron Cookware is seasoned, it actually hurts it to wash it with soap. The soap will break up the tiny oil molecules that are embedded on the pan and make it not-so-nonstick. It’s also possible that the next thing you cook it will have a slightly soapy taste to it! So save on the soap. If you need to scrub your Cast Iron Cookware, use salt!
8) It’s a source of IRON. Since it’s made out of iron, a little bit of mineral iron does get transferred over during cooking in Cast Iron Cookware.
9) Heat Distribution. This is maybe one of the most important reasons you should own one of these guys. People spends thousands on pots that evenly distribute heat. A cook’s nightmare is a pan with a really bad hot spot on it so half of your food is burned and the other half raw. Cast Iron Cookware does such an amazing job of evenly distributing heat that you’ll never have this problem.
10) It’s totally Cool. All things old, are new again and bringing back Cast Iron Cookware into your kitchen is the cool thing to do! Cast iron is rustic, classic and totally back in style!