What’s so great about beef heart?
Beef heart has very concentrated levels of CoQ10, B vitamins, folic acid, Selenium, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Amino Acids that help burn fat, store energy and boost stamina and endurance.
CoQ10 that’s found in beef heart is highly protective against cancer and is found only in animal foods. CoQ10 is a substance present in every cell in the body and essential for cell production, we need a lot for good health and can get 40% of our daily requirement with just 1 serving of heart. It protects our heart, improves problems with our gums, and has an affect on many different diseases
Beef heart also has twice as much collagen and elastin; for wrinkle free skin!
- 1 Grass Fed Beef Heart (approx 3 pounds)
- ¾ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- ½ cup Organic Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅔ cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Organic Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
- 1T Sesame Seeds (+ additional for garnish if desired)
- Combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Trim and slice your Beef heart in jerky sized strips. One 3 pound heart will yield about 1½ pounds of clean jerky strips, don't be shocked at the waste.
- Toss Beef Heart Strips with marinade for 48 hours in the fridge, stirring occasionally. Making sure all the strips are fully submerged.
- Drain strips from marinade but do not rinse.
- Lay strips on your dehydrator trays, making sure they don't touch.
- Dehydrate at 155-160 degrees (or according to your dehydrator's manufacturers instructions) until all pieces are dried to your personal preference.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
Most often you will find Hayley in her kitchen, she has always had a passion for food and cooking. She resides with her husband, Ray (and black lab, Hercules) on a 6-acre homestead in rural, southwestern Pennsylvania. Together, they have a beautiful organic garden, raise chickens, forage for wild edibles and look forward to their summertime Sunday evening “mountain rides” in their Jeep.
Latest posts by Hayley Ryczek (see all)
- Perfect Roast Chicken with Vegetable Gravy & LeCreuset Giveaway - September 2, 2014
- Homemade Shoestring Potato Sticks - August 30, 2014
- How we Kept our Dog Flea-Free all Summer Without Toxic Flea Treatments - August 28, 2014