Looking for a special breakfast? Try making up my Creamy Kale Baked Eggs!!
This morning I was looking for a fun way to use up some kale we had in the fridge, I used it (instead of spinach) in my Coconut Milk Creamed Spinach and tossed in roasted red peppers at the end of cooking.
I spooned some in my oven proof ramekins, topped with halved cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese (that also needed used up).. and after making a small indent in each – cracked an egg on top! Bake them just enough so the egg whites are set but the yokes are still runny – OMG so amazingly good!
Here’s the BEFORE baking pic —>
AFTER BAKING — Still SO PRETTY!
And some pretty after pics I’m so freaking in LOVE with these!!
Feel free to omit the dairy if that’s not your thing – they will still be AH-MAZING!
- 4 Eggs, preferably local, organic & pasture raised
- Coconut Milk Creamed Spinach (made with Kale), get recipe HERE
- 2 tablespoons chopped Organic Roasted Red Peppers
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese*, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Butter 4 small, oven proof ramekins and place on a cookie sheet
- Make a batch of my Coconut Creamed Spinach, using kale instead of Spinach.
- Add in chopped Roasted Red peppers at the end of cooking.
- Divide your Creamed Spinach between your ramekins
- Top each with halved cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese* if desired
- Using a spoon create a small indent in the top of each and fill each with an egg & season with s&p
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, just until eggs are cooked but yokes are still runny.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving