It started out innocent enough, just craving waffles. Not just any waffles but super CRISPY Waffles! The problem was I didn’t have a waffle maker and I wasn’t willing to use a teflon/nonstick coated one either.
Luckily we were able to find an inexpensive Ceramic Coated Waffle Maker! Not saying it’s 100% safe BUT it is much healthier than the other options.
I’m not going to lie to ya’ – it took me a couple attempts to get them perfect, but finally I’m more than excited to share the recipe for my Crispy Grain Free Waffles They are Paleo, GAPS & 21DSD Friendly too!
Now – Here’s the real exciting news…. you can FREEZE them! and they can be quickly reheated for breakfast! Yep you heard me right – you can make a giant batch and freeze them! Pop them into the toaster!
- 2 cups of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup Tapioca or Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar (omit if on 21DSD)
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs, preferably local, organic & pasture raised
- ½ cup melted Butter, Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Raw Milk or Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Waffle Maker, preferably Ceramic Coated or Cast iron
- Preheat your waffle iron
- Combine all ingredients and gently mix - just to combine - a few lumps are ok
- Using a ladle, scoop batter into your hot waffle iron
- Cook your waffles according to the waffle makers manufactures instructions
- We leave ours go extra long to make sure they are super crispy
- Serve immediately OR cool on a wire rack (so they stay crisp)
- Cooled waffles can be frozen and reheated in the toaster for quick breakfasts ;)
Plan ½ a round waffle per person - One whole waffle is a lot of food!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.