Embarking on my GAPS Diet journey has sparked the creative side of my cooking. Looking for fun and different ways to enjoy the limited foods that I can eat, while focusing on healing my leaky gut. (GAPS Induction Friendly)Even if you are not following the GAPS Diet, this soup is really easy and very HEALTHY. It’s also ideal for those of you whom are doing a 21DSD or Whole30.
It’s amazing how rich and creamy this soup is, even though there isn’t any grain or starch used. By cooking veggies in the broth until they are very soft they can be blended into a smooth, velvety soup… that really does taste like a traditionally starch thickened creamy soup!
After the veggies are blended THEN I add in the chicken and diced carrots – gently simmer them to cook.
Garnish each bowl with a generous serving of diced Avocado (trust me avocado is super yummy in hot soups! and if you are following the GAPS diet, I add in sauerkraut juice or raw cultured sour cream to my bowl for probiotics. Yummy!
- 1 quart of Homemade Chicken Broth
- 2 cups peeled & chopped Zucchini
- 2 cups Cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 cup of chopped Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic, pressed or chopped
- 1 cup peeled & diced Carrots
- 1 cup Shredded Chicken
- Avocado for Garnish
- In a medium pot, combine broth, zucchini, cauliflower, onion & garlic
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the veggies are very soft
- Blend your soup until completely smooth
- Return your blended soup to the pot along with shredded chicken and carrots
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrots are done to your liking
- Serve each bowl and a generous garnish of diced avocado.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.