Chili is our favorite winter meal, it’s warm and comforting. My hubby is out hunting in the cold today so I thew together a batch of chili first thing after he left early this morning so he’ll have something warm to eat when he gets home (and I’m not slaving away in the kitchen since it’s made in the crock pot! My Quick and Easy Crock Pot Chili is Paleo and 21DSD friendly .
Serve up your chili with my Gluten Free Blue Corn Muffins with Salted Honey Ghee to make it an extra special meal (my Grain Free Buttermilk Biscuits or Grain Free Everything Rolls would be great too!)
Although I didn’t include beans in this recipe, feel free to add a can of beans if you’d like!
And this recipe is very versatile, feel free to use Beef, Bison, Elk, or Venison – all of them will taste so yummy!
- 1 Pound Cooked Ground Meat (grass fed beef, venison, elk, & bison all are yummy)
- 32 - 40 ounces Chopped Organic Tomatoes (1 quart home canned)
- 64 ounces Organic Tomato Juice (2 quarts home canned)
- 1 cup Chopped Peppers (1/2 cup hungarian wax & ½ cup green peppers)
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped (about 1 & ½ cups)
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper, if desired for spicier chili
For a medium chili use ½ green peppers and ½ hungarian wax peppers
For a HOT chili add crushed red pepper to the medium chili to taste.
If you are using a Lean Wild Game meat, feel free to add additional fat as needed when cooking your meat. I prefer tallow for flavor.
Feel Free to add a can of beans, if desired
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.