Wow your family and friends, make GRAIN & GLUTEN FREE tortilla chips from scratch! Yes, it’s totally easy, I promise!! You can finally have a crispy paleo tortilla chip (that’s 21DSD Friendly) that you can dip in salsa & guacamole, even make tortilla strips for in tortilla soup!
Here’s what you need:
- My Homemade Grain Free Tortillas (click HERE for my recipe)
- Organic Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil, Tallow, Lard or Palm Oil
- Finely Ground Sea Salt
In a low sided skillet (preferable cast iron) heat about 1/2 to 3/4 in of coconut oil/tallow/lard/palm oil over medium/high heat (approximately 350 degrees)… Cut your tortillas into 6 or 8 wedges… Fry tortilla wedges in a single layer, turning so that both sides are lightly brown. Remove crispy chips from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate, season with sea salt. Enjoy!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
Most often you will find Hayley in her kitchen, she has always had a passion for food and cooking. She resides with her husband, Ray (and black lab, Hercules) on a 6-acre homestead in rural, southwestern Pennsylvania. Together, they have a beautiful organic garden, raise chickens, forage for wild edibles and look forward to their summertime Sunday evening “mountain rides” in their Jeep.
Latest posts by Hayley Ryczek (see all)
- Greek Marinated Lamb Chops - September 22, 2014
- Morgantown Farmer’s Market Cooking Demonstration 9-20-14 - September 19, 2014
- What does #TastefullyCrafted mean to you? + Enter to win tickets to the Great American Beer Festival - September 14, 2014