I was so inspired by my friend Ashley at My Heart Beets and her Paleo Naan Bread recipe – After making it several times I came up with my own seasoned flat bread recipe. 21DSD, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free and Dairy Free – and totally AMAZING!
This recipe is easily increased or decreased depending on how many breads you would like to make. It’s equal parts of Almond Flour, Tapioca Flour & Water – then add your seasonings (for each 1/4 cup of each of the main ingredients, you’ll use 1/4 teaspoon of your seasonings and 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper)
Making these Grain Free Flat Breads are as easy as making pancakes! Just shake everything up together and pour into your skillet!
Just cook them 1-2 minutes per side, just to get them cooked and brown on the outside…
Transfer each of your flat breads onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for up to 15 minutes – the longer you bake them the crispier they will get.
The middles are still chewy after baking, the edges are crisp – The best of both worlds!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a jar (with lid) combine all ingredients and shake well to make a thin batter
- Heat your seasoned cast iron skillet over medium
- Add a little healthy cooking fat to your hot pan
- Pour your batter into your skillet (approximately ¼ cup) - move your skillet around to spread the batter out thinner if desired
- Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, just until it's getting a few brown spots.. your breads will be firm on the outside but uncooked in the center
- Transfer your bread to your parchment lined cookie sheet
- Repeat until your batter is all used up and all breads are on your cookie sheet
- Bake your flat breads at 350 for up to 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly