My Sweet Potato & Sausage Hash is the perfect Paleo, Egg Free Breakfast! I have this several times a month for breakfast (normally with a side of homemade fermented sauerkraut and sliced avocado!
Feel free to use any type of sausage you like.. I’ve enjoyed hot italian sausage and sage breakfast sausage – even plain pork will work in a pinch (just season it up really well with s&p)
- 1 medium/large Sweet Potato, peeled and cut in to small cubes
- ½ cup diced Celery
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 pound of ground Sausage
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook your sausage, crumbling/chopping as you stir
- Add in coconut oil, celery, onion and sweet potato, reduce heat to medium/low
- Cook everything until the sweet potatoes are done, stirring occasionally
- Season to taste with Sea Salt and Pepper
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
Most often you will find Hayley in her kitchen, she has always had a passion for food and cooking. She resides with her husband, Ray (and black lab, Hercules) on a 6-acre homestead in rural, southwestern Pennsylvania. Together, they have a beautiful organic garden, raise chickens, forage for wild edibles and look forward to their summertime Sunday evening “mountain rides” in their Jeep.
Latest posts by Hayley Ryczek (see all)
- How to keep homegrown potatoes for winter and beyond - September 30, 2014
- Dairy-Free, Paleo, Nacho Zucchini Cheese + Blendtec Giveaway - September 24, 2014
- Kale Caesar Salad with Pickled Red Onions and Artichoke Hearts - September 24, 2014