One of the biggest complaints I hear from people transitioning to a Real Food Lifestyle is needing kid friendly snacks. I’ve come up with an amazing Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups you can make ahead for quick snacks to pack in lunches and for on-the-go! (not just great for kids, great for adult lunches too!)
Each of these pudding cups you make for your family is packed with Superfoods too! Each 1/2 cup serving has 1/2 Tablespoon of Gelatin (click HERE to learn why Gelatin is a superfood) and 1 Tablespoon of Raw Cacao (click HERE to learn why Raw Cacao is a superfood) More importantly than what’s in these pudding cups, is what is NOT in them. Those cheap, pre made pudding cups at the grocery store are dangerous and unhealthy
1/4 Pint (canning) jars make the perfect single serving size (1/2 cup) of pudding (click HERE to buy) and you can use the 2 part canning lids that come with them or I prefer plastic lids (click HERE to buy)
I’ve written this recipe to make 5 – 1/2 cup servings, perfect to make on the weekend and have one per school/work day for the upcoming week!
- 2½ cups of Organic Coconut Milk (buy HERE) or make your own (my recipe)
- 3 Tablespoons Gelatin (I only use this brand)* Use less for a softer pudding
- ⅓ cup Organic Coconut Sugar (buy HERE) (you can use honey, maple syrup or stevia also - adjusting for your personal taste)
- ⅓ cup Organic Raw Cacao (buy HERE)
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla (buy HERE) or make your own (my recipe)
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat (you want to heat your pudding the least possible to retain as much good stuff in the raw cacao, while still melting the gelatin)
- Whisk/heat until everything is combined and smooth
- Pour into individual jars, cover with lids and chill
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
Most often you will find Hayley in her kitchen, she has always had a passion for food and cooking. She resides with her husband, Ray (and black lab, Hercules) on a 6-acre homestead in rural, southwestern Pennsylvania. Together, they have a beautiful organic garden, raise chickens, forage for wild edibles and look forward to their summertime Sunday evening “mountain rides” in their Jeep.