Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups

Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups

One of the biggest complaints I hear from people transitioning to a Real Food Lifestyle is needing kid friendly snacks. I’ve come up with an amazing Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups you can make ahead for quick snacks to pack in lunches and for on-the-go! (not just great for kids, great for adult lunches too!)

Each of these pudding cups you make for your family is packed with Superfoods too! Each 1/2 cup serving has 1/2 Tablespoon of Gelatin (click HERE to learn why Gelatin is a superfood) and 1 Tablespoon of Raw Cacao (click HERE to learn why Raw Cacao is a superfood) More importantly than what’s in these pudding cups, is what is NOT in them. Those cheap, pre made pudding cups at the grocery store are dangerous and unhealthy

1/4 Pint (canning) jars make the perfect single serving size (1/2 cup) of pudding (click HERE to buy) and you can use the 2 part canning lids that come with them or I prefer plastic lids (click HERE to buy)

I’ve written this recipe to make 5 – 1/2 cup servings, perfect to make on the weekend and have one per school/work day for the upcoming week!

4.5 from 2 reviews

Paleo Healthy Chocolate Pudding Cups
Author:
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:

Serves: 5

Ingredients

Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat (you want to heat your pudding the least possible to retain as much good stuff in the raw cacao, while still melting the gelatin)
  2. Whisk/heat until everything is combined and smooth
  3. Pour into individual jars, cover with lids and chill
  4. Enjoy!

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.

Hayley Ryczek

Hayley Ryczek is a health food blogger at Health Starts in the Kitchen and certified Holistic Health Coach educated by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is passionate about REAL FOOD for optimum health and enjoys creating healthy recipes that she shares on her blog. Hayley resides in southwestern Pennsylvania with her husband, Ray. Together they have a beautiful organic garden, raise heritage breed chickens & turkeys and enjoy foraging for wild mushrooms & other edible treasures.

You may also like...

15 Responses

1. This sounds SO delicious and so good for you, too. Adding it to my “Health Desserts” page on Pinterest to make SOON.

Thanks for sharing! :)

2. ellen says:

Just made this. Thanks for the recipe. I have so many dietary restrictions that “fun” foods are limited. This was very good indeed. A little grainy but I think that would be handled by sifting the cocoa flour first and putting in the gelatin last. Still very delicious, though!

3. rachel says:

hi there,
    great recipe but you seem to have a typo in the description- 3T of gelatin divided by 5 serves means a little over 1/2T per serve. which about right for a kid. cheers, r

4. This sounds great! I am going to try it. Thank you for this easy to print format :).

5. April says:

This looks great. I read your link about cacao. Does the cacao have caffeine in it? Also how high do you heat the mixture? Thanks.

• Hayley says:

There is a small amount of caffeine in raw cacao. And as I said in the recipe just heat over low, just enough to melt everything together!

6. These sound great! I was looking for a nice treat for the kids’ school lunches! :)

7. Jamie says:

I just made this, one version with coconut milk and one with heavy cream– then we poured them into gluten free crusts to make pudding pies. They were delicious– BUT very gelatin like vs. pudding like. In the future, I think I will decrease the amount of gelatin so that it has more of a pudding/creamy texture vs the firm (jello jiggler) texture it came up with.

8. Hayley, your recipe sounds yummy! I will share it on my page this week! I adore anything with chocolate.

9. Marie says:

These have 14 grams of sugar per serving, about the same as ice cream. How does it count as a healthy snack?

• Hayley Ryczek says:

Marie – this is Packed with Nutrient Dense HEALTHY foods, it’s a silly question to ask. Commercially produced ice cream is loaded with dangerous processed foods, chemicals, preservatives and sugar/unhealthy sweeteners. I would be glad to provide you with a 1:1 comparison if you will share your favorite brand of ice cream.

10. Raia says:

Definitely going on my list of things to make at nap time… so I don’t have to share. ;) Thanks for the recipe!

11. Allison says:

Made it twice already! I’m totally addicted to the stuff!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!