Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups

Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups

One of the biggest complaints I hear from people transitioning to a Real Food Lifestyle is needing kid friendly snacks. I’ve come up with an amazing Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups you can make ahead for quick snacks to pack in lunches and for on-the-go! (not just great for kids, great for adult lunches too!)

Each of these pudding cups you make for your family is packed with Superfoods too! Each 1/2 cup serving has 1/2 Tablespoon of Gelatin (click HERE to learn why Gelatin is a superfood) and 1 Tablespoon of Raw Cacao (click HERE to learn why Raw Cacao is a superfood) More importantly than what’s in these pudding cups, is what is NOT in them. Those cheap, pre made pudding cups at the grocery store are dangerous and unhealthy

1/4 Pint (canning) jars make the perfect single serving size (1/2 cup) of pudding (click HERE to buy) and you can use the 2 part canning lids that come with them or I prefer plastic lids (click HERE to buy)

I’ve written this recipe to make 5 – 1/2 cup servings, perfect to make on the weekend and have one per school/work day for the upcoming week!

4.5 from 2 reviews
Paleo Healthy Chocolate Pudding Cups
Author:
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 5

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat (you want to heat your pudding the least possible to retain as much good stuff in the raw cacao, while still melting the gelatin)
  2. Whisk/heat until everything is combined and smooth
  3. Pour into individual jars, cover with lids and chill
  4. Enjoy!

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.

24 thoughts on “Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups

1. ellen

Just made this. Thanks for the recipe. I have so many dietary restrictions that “fun” foods are limited. This was very good indeed. A little grainy but I think that would be handled by sifting the cocoa flour first and putting in the gelatin last. Still very delicious, though!

2. rachel

hi there,
    great recipe but you seem to have a typo in the description- 3T of gelatin divided by 5 serves means a little over 1/2T per serve. which about right for a kid. cheers, r

3. April

This looks great. I read your link about cacao. Does the cacao have caffeine in it? Also how high do you heat the mixture? Thanks.

1. Hayley Post author

There is a small amount of caffeine in raw cacao. And as I said in the recipe just heat over low, just enough to melt everything together!

4. Jamie

I just made this, one version with coconut milk and one with heavy cream– then we poured them into gluten free crusts to make pudding pies. They were delicious– BUT very gelatin like vs. pudding like. In the future, I think I will decrease the amount of gelatin so that it has more of a pudding/creamy texture vs the firm (jello jiggler) texture it came up with.

1. Hayley Ryczek Post author

Marie – this is Packed with Nutrient Dense HEALTHY foods, it’s a silly question to ask. Commercially produced ice cream is loaded with dangerous processed foods, chemicals, preservatives and sugar/unhealthy sweeteners. I would be glad to provide you with a 1:1 comparison if you will share your favorite brand of ice cream.

5. Jennifer

This looks fantastic!! My kids would love it! Could almond milk replace the coconut milk? We just prefer the taste better

1. Hayley Ryczek Post author

Yes the almond milk should swap out fine – Coconut milk is nutritionally a little better so it might be worth a try :)

6. Kirsty

This recipe looks great, looking forward to trying it. Do gelatin leaves have the same superfood qualities as powder? Just thinking that then I could soften it in cold water and whizz all the ingredients in the Thermomix without having to heat at all?