Thai Red Curry Shrimp has become one of our favorite dishes to enjoy at home. We fell in love with it as a local Thai restaurant, but wanted to recreate this flavorful dish at home using the healthiest of ingredients, Success!
There is a lot of flexibility with this dish… you can make it as spicy or mild as you prefer and use any veggies that you have on hand and you like (we’ve used combinations that have included sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, snap peas, egg plant, etc) And traditionally it’s served up with rice, but we avoid grains so we enjoy my cauliflower rice instead – just as amazing!
As with anything you cook, going with the best quality ingredients (I’ve included links to the brands I recommend, they are what we use in our kitchen)
**If you’re following a 21DSD, just don’t add in the coconut sugar!
- 1 Pound of Raw Wild Caught Shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- Coconut Milk, 1-1/2 cup Homemade (recipe) or 1 Can(buy HERE)
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste (buy HERE)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar (buy HERE)
- 4 cups assorted cut up vegetables
- Fish Sauce (buy HERE)
- Sea Salt,
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Cauliflower Rice (recipe) or Perfectly Seasoned Rice
- In a straight sided skillet, combine Coconut milk, Thai Red Curry Paste & Coconut sugar, whisk or stir well to combine.. simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add in shrimp and veggies, simmer until shrimp are cooked and veggies are crisp tender
- Season with Salt, Pepper & Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- Serve with Cauliflower Rice and a few splashes of Fish Sauce
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.