We’ve all “heard” that wheatgrass juice is really good for you, but do you really know it’s beneficial to integrate wheatgrass juice into your healthy lifestyle?? Here’s 5 Reasons Why Wheatgrass is Good For You:
- The chlorophyll in wheatgrass helps to purify the liver and other organs
- Wheatgrass fights against infections and improves the body’s ability to heal
- Wheatgrass is useful in treating constipation and keeping the bowels open
- Wheatgrass aids in the prevention and fight against cancer and other diseases
- The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones in both humans and animals
But if you are like me, there isn’t a local juice bar serving them up! I decided to do some research to come up with a quick and simple way that anyone can easily grow their own fresh wheatgrass at home. And my method is so clean! There’s no dirt!
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Quart Jar w/strainer lid (buy HERE)
- Water, preferably filtered
- Organic Wheatgrass Seeds (buy HERE)
- Appetizers on Ice Tray (buy HERE)
- Paper Towel
- Spray bottle of water
Day 2: In the morning, dump out water from jar through strainer lid, refill jar with filtered water and dump out (rinse seeds) Let wet seeds set for 24 hours
Fill each compartment with your sprouted wheatgrass seeds
Fill the tray (underneath) with filtered water
Cover the sprouted wheatgrass and let sit in a bright location, but not in direct sunlight.
Day 5-9: Spray your wheat grass with water daily until it’s ready to harvest. Refill the tray underneath as needed. Our home is generally dark, so I keep my tray in front of a bright window with indirect sunlight.
Day 10: When your wheatgrass is about 6 inches high it’s ready to harvest. Simply cut the wheatgrass off with a pair of scissors just above the seeds and juice in a masticating juicer (buy HERE) or wheatgrass juicer (buy HERE)… NOTE: you can’t use a centrifugal juicer for wheatgrass! Each section will yield 2 – 1oz shots of wheatgrass! I prefer to juice my wheatgrass daily for 6 days, if you have too much juice for a day.. fill an ice cube tray with your extra fresh wheatgrass juice to use it later in smoothies or blended juices. And don’t forget to keep spraying your wheatgrass every day!
Now, How easy is that?? In just minutes of effort a day, you can have a fresh supply of wheatgrass growing at your own home! And don’t forget to share your fresh cut wheatgrass with your feline friends! Our cats love to nibble on the wheatgrass – it’s the same thing as pet grass they sell at the pet store!!