Did you know that Oil dissolves oil? It’s the basic principal behind the oil cleansing method or OCM. It’s simplest way to clear up acne, blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, blemishes, rashes or outbreaks! So, stop using soap and other caustic synthetic toxic chemical cleansers, scrubs and moisturizers, and turn instead to a natural, time-honored facial trick of cleaning your skin with oils!
All that’s required to try the oil cleansing method is a blend of oils, a soft washcloth, and hot running water.
- Mix up a blend of castor oil with any other natural, unprocessed oils that you prefer – I use coconut oil, however olive oil, jojoba oil and sunflower oil are also very popular. Castor Oil is what cleans and draws out the impurities from your skin, although using only castor oil on your skin can be drying. By blending the cleansing properties of castor oil with a moisturizing oil, you have the perfect combination for healthy skin. If your skin is dry use less castor oil, if your skin is oily use more castor oil.
- Massage a small amount of the oil mixture gently into your face. Spend a few minutes rubbing the oils into your cheeks, nose, forehead, neck, and chin, allowing the oils to penetrate into the skin and pull out wastes, bacteria, dead cells and other dirt – I apply the oil before I get in the shower.
- Soak a wash cloth in hot water and ring out, hold it over your face to steam (but please don’t burn yourself, use common sense) it’s just like giving yourself a mini facial. (The steam in the shower is an extra benefit)
- After a minute or so wipe away the oil, along with any dirt, using the washcloth, repeat the steaming/wiping process a few times. Your skin should feel clean, soft, and moist with just a little of the OCM oil remaining on your face. If skin feels dry or tight, you can moisturize it by applying a little of your oil blend.
Since applying the liquid oil to my face to be a little messy and coconut oil whips up beautifully… I whipped them together with awesome results! In a small bowl, whip your (solid) coconut oil with a hand or stand mixer. After your coconut oil is whipped and fluffy, gently stream in your castor oil… you’ll be amazed at how beautifully it whips together! Your final cleanser will be whipped similar to egg whites beaten to stiff peaks, which is super easy to scoop up with your fingers and apply to your skin! I fill up a small canning jar with my Whipped Coconut Oil Facial Cleanser.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
Most often you will find Hayley in her kitchen, she has always had a passion for food and cooking. She resides with her husband, Ray (and black lab, Hercules) on a 6-acre homestead in rural, southwestern Pennsylvania. Together, they have a beautiful organic garden, raise chickens, forage for wild edibles and look forward to their summertime Sunday evening “mountain rides” in their Jeep.
Latest posts by Hayley Ryczek (see all)
- Perfect Roast Chicken with Vegetable Gravy & LeCreuset Giveaway - September 2, 2014
- Homemade Shoestring Potato Sticks - August 30, 2014
- How we Kept our Dog Flea-Free all Summer Without Toxic Flea Treatments - August 28, 2014