Admittedly, I’ve probably never really had a proper Dirty Martini.. So, for those of you who have, maybe this post isn’t for you.
One day, a long time ago, when I was a complete Martini-Virgin…. I kept hearing about “Martinis” and specifically a “Dirty Martini” Curiosity got the best of me so I started looking into what was in this oh-so-distinguished beverage… It was love at first sight.. Gin and Olive! What more could I have ever wanted in an adult beverage!?!?! Where have you been all my life? How have we not met sooner??? I was instantly full of regret – calculating the years I have been missing out on such a wonderful creation.
Of course, I ended up at the liquor store… it’s like Toys-R-Us for adults. I can browse for hours reading labels and getting lost in all the pretty bottles! Bombay Sapphire was already a tried and true friend of mine along with his bff Tonic water.. So, I spared no expense and started martini experience that very night! It was basically a glass of Sapphire with a touch of olive juice right out of the jar – PHEW! That was a tough first drink……
Needless to say, years later and lots of Dirty Martini recipes and research.. I finally found the perfect mixture for my taste!!!
- Fill up your Martini Glass with ice, preferably crushed to get it nice and chilled
- Fill your stainless steel shaker with crushed ice
- Drizzle a little Dry Vermouth over the ice in the shaker
- Add in your shaker 2 shots of Burnett’s Dry Gin* and 1 shot of Dirty Sue** (Click HERE to buy)
- Put the lid on the shaker (both parts) and Shake-Shake-Shake till the outside of the shaker gets icy
- Dump Ice out of your, now chilled, Martini glass
- Spear as many jumbo green olives as you can on a toothpick, set in your chilled glass
- Strain your Filthy Dirty Martini into your glass over the olives….
- Drink up, buttercup!
* If you’re having a dirty martini, don’t waste you money on the best gin, Burnett’s isn’t the cheapest but good enough to make this drink work!
** If you haven’t been introduced to Dirty Sue, please stop by and introduce yourself. It’s basically Premium Olive Juice just for martini lovers like myself – who always run out of olive juice! I purchase it from Amazon.com I love the subscribe and save option!!